Monday, April 19, 2010

Cheddar Chicken

Cheddar chicken. It's every bit as good as it sounds. I came across this while reading my May Real Simple magazine, and I'm posting the link to make sure I give proper credit! Remember, I do come from a legal background.

My tips? I doubled the garlic because I do love me some garlic. I crushed the crackers (Late July Ritz-type) in my Mini-Prep food processor, and next time I would put the garlic cloves right in with them so they got properly mixed. I would also add more crackers for more crunch!

Pre-shredded cheese tends to have additives to keep it from sticking together, which means it doesn't melt as smoothly. Yes, it's a pain to shred your own if you're using a box grater, but put the cheese in the freezer first so it's good and firm and easier to shred. If you do this in your food processor, do the same thing, and it'll make a time-saving trick even easier!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/cheddar-chicken-recipe-00000000033194/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment